We always welcome new members who live, work or study in the Leicester area and wish to join and become a Freemason.
As we are a Universities Scheme Lodge, we particularly welcome University of Leicester students, staff and alumni.
How do I Become a Freemason?
It’s actually straightforward to become a Freemason. If you wish to become a Freemason and join the Wyggeston Lodge then simply contact us. You do not have to wait to be invited.
Once you’ve contacted us, our Secretary, Peter Clarke, will be in touch to arrange a meeting with you to:
- Answer any further questions you may have about Freemasonry
- Discuss the procedure of joining the Lodge
- Show you around our Grade II Listed meeting place on London Road, Leicester.
Why become a Freemason?
Every Freemason has his own reason for joining. For many, Freemasonry acts as a ‘constant’, providing them with a unique combination of friendship, belonging and structure, with many Freemasons saying they have made valuable lifelong friendships. Above all and for most, Freemasonry is simply an enjoyable hobby.
Other reasons include:
- Achievement – progressing through the offices in the Lodge to become Master.
- Brotherhood – making new friends from all walks of life.
- Charity – contribute to deserving causes, both Masonic and non-Masonic.
- Education – learning from peers and mentors by practicing and making speeches.
- Knowledge – finding out about the history and mysteries of freemasonry.
- Self improvement – making a contribution to your family and society.
What benefits will I get out of Freemasonry?
- Meet people from very different walks of life.
- Satisfaction of helping others less fortunate than yourself.
- Self-confidence and ability to learn increase.
Who can join the Wyggeston Lodge?
- Men who are at least 18 and believe in a higher power.