The Lodge was the 1st Lodge to be consecrated in the new Freemasons’ Hall at London Road, Leicester on 1st July 1910 with 111 Brethren in attendance and the Lodge bears the motto “Give freely of yourself and behold all worlds are yours”.
A précis of the Consecration Meeting minutes and a short history of the Lodge were delivered by W.Bro Robert Hutchinson to all. This was followed by the Provincial Grand Secretary reading out the Centenary Warrant and in turn the Provincial Grand Master presenting it to the Worshipful Master – W.Bro Robert Rankin coupled with a thought provoking Address. An Oration was delivered by the Provincial Grand Chaplain.
Centenary Jewels, copies of the Lodge history and commemorative cufflinks were presented during the course of the evening. It was the Provincial Grand Masters pleasure to promote W.Bro John Farmer to the rank of PPSGW and appointed W.Bro Kelvin Johnson to PPJGW.
The Brethren then assembled for a Festive Board which contained a six course menu and coffee reflecting the original Consecration menu of 1910 (ten course menu).
A special evening was had by all in celebrating 100 years of Freemasonry in Leicestershire.